Hosting a party for 4th of July or Memorial Day BBQ? It’s always great to get together with family and friends, but why not increase the fun factor with these low-prep patriotic party games!
Have a Blast: Patriotic Party Games Ideas that your Guests will Love
Trying to find some fun Patriotic or 4th of July themed games to play at your next celebration?
This list has a ton of great ideas that are simple and stress-free to put together.
Patriotic Scavenger Hunt
For this simple no-prep party game all you need are willing participants.
The goal is to find as many objects that are red, white or blue in a set amount of time.
You can play as individuals or on teams depending on how many guests you have.
Set a perimeter based on your location. Example: Objects must be found in the yard, anywhere in the house, or expand to the entire town.
Make use of available technology and have each team take a picture of each item they find for documentation purposes.
The team who finds the most red, white or blue objects in the set amount of time wins!
Giant Ring Toss
Put a patriotic spin on this classic game by using American flags as your ring toss targets. Simply push the sticks into the ground to secure.
You can usually find red and blue hula hoops at the dollar store. However, you could also cover the hula hoops with red, white or blue tape.
Each guest takes a turn tossing the hoops toward the targets. See who can ring the most flags during their turn.
To make it more challenging increase the distance for tossing each round.
Red, White and Blue Tag
Pick up a set of red, white and blue poker chips.
Give one chip to each player being sure to alternate the colors so there is a good variety of each.
When the game starts each person is trying to tag another in order to take their chip. The first player to get one chip of each color wins!
Red White and Blue Bean Bag Toss
There are a few different options with this game.
-If you don’t already have bean bags at home you can always grab this set.
-Alternatively, you could also make your own by filling a sock with dry beans or rice and then tying the top.
-You could also use water balloons instead of bean bags to turn it into a fun water game on a hot holiday weekend.
Simply pick up some red, white and blue plates from the dollar store and write the points on each plate with either tape or sharpie marker. Then toss away!
Sponge Fireworks Water Toss
Create your own “fireworks” from cutting and tying red and blue sponges together.
- Use scissors to cut sponges lengthwise into ½ inch strips
- Repeat until you have cut 3-5 sponges
- Create your first layer by lining up 3 sponge strips next to each other
- Stack 2 more layers on top of the first alternating the colors of the sponge strips
- Use floss or a rubber band to tie the sponge strip layers tightly together around the middle and “fluff” the end to create a ball shape that will look like firework.
- Two players stand 8-10 feet apart on the lawn with a bucket of sponges filled with water
- When the game begins each player takes a turn tossing a “firework” to the other player
- You score a point if you catch the firework
- The first person to 10 points wins!
Drenched Dodge Ball
Use the sponge fireworks created for the water toss game to play dodge ball. Traditional rules apply but when there’s the risk of getting wet everything just seems more fun. One of the best patriotic party games to play on the long, hot holiday weekend!
Patriotic Pinata Balloons
- Festive Red, White and Blue Balloons
- Small toys, prizes and candy
- Optional: The threaded neck of a water bottle cut off to help insert items into the balloons
Stuff the surprises into the deflated balloons.
You can use your fingers to press them in, or cut the top off a water bottle. Place the mouth of the balloon over the threaded top of the water bottle and then use that as a “funnel” to fill the balloon.
Once filled, blow up the balloons and hang from a tree or the ceiling. Allow each guest to pop their piñata balloon to receive their prize.