California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy
California Consumer Privacy Act (hereafter, “CCPA”) is a California privacy law that will be effective as of January 1, 2020.
Under CCPA, California consumers have several added rights and privileges that serves to protect their personal information being used in a way that the consumer does not agree with. This notice is in place to comply with California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018) that goes into effect as of January 1, 2020.
Consumer has the right to request and know what categories of information, what personal information we collect, how we collect it, and for what purpose.
CONSUMER’S RIGHT TO DEMAND DISCLOSURE
You have the right to demand that we disclose what categories of information we have or are collecting on you, and what personal information we have collected or are collecting on you.
In an effort for full compliance, we are disclosing the categories of information we are generally collecting on and/or about consumers.
As a consumer, you are free to request disclosure of your information at no extra charge to you if you make such requests no more than twice (2) during a 12-month period.
General Information We Collect
We generally collect personal information, as listed under CCPA, in the form of :
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies:We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
We collect the information on consumer stated above through
- Opt-in forms by offering free resources
- Google Analytics
You have the right to request disclosure of your collected personal information from us by contacting us at Connect (at) simply-well-balanced.com
CONSUMER’S RIGHT TO REQUEST DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under CCPA, a consumer has the right to contact the business that collected personal information on consumer and request deletion of that information.
There are certain limited circumstances when the business does not have comply and delete the information.
- To provide and complete the transaction for which purpose the information was collected in the first place (example: selling and delivering goods and services);
- In compliance with a legal obligation;
- To carry out and be compliant with another legal requirement;
- To keep it for internal use that is reasonable to the consumer.
CONSUMER’S RIGHT TO DEMAND DISCLOSURE IN CASE OF SALE
As a consumer, you have the right to request full disclosure if the business sells or transfers your personal information for a business purpose. You have the right to know what information specifically has been sold or transferred, to whom, and for what business purpose.
We, Simply-Well-Balanced, do not sell personal information we collect from consumers.
However, in the event we do so within the next 12 months, you will be given the option to opt-out of that if you don’t wish for your personal information to be sold.
The consumer has the right to request that we disclose what category of information we sold, the specific pieces of information we sold, to whom we sold it, and for what business purpose. Consumer can make this request by contacting us at Connect (at) simply-well-balanced.com
CONSUMER’S RIGHT TO REQUEST BUSINESS NOT SELL INFORMATION
Under CCPA, consumer has the right to request that a business that collected personal information on consumer does not sell that information to anyone.
In our efforts to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act, you can find a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link in the footer of our website. This option will also be available on the opt-in forms that you sign up to our site with.
If and when you select “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” you will be marked as opt-out. Therefore, you can be sure that your personal information and in general data collected on you will never be sold.
BUSINESS WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST CONSUMER
If you choose to exercise your right and request that we never sell your information, in accordance to CCPA, we will not and cannot discriminate against you for choosing to exercise your right.
You will have access to the same services, at the same prices as everyone else. The quality and conditions of products and services you receive will be the same as everyone else, regardless if exercised your CCPA right to forbid selling your information.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under CCPA, a business that collects or receives personal information about the consumer must implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices.
If a business experiences a data breach, then it will be held liable if it did not implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices.
We do our due diligence, and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to make sure that the consumer data and private information we collected is safe and secure.
Here are the security practices we have in place to protect consumer data:
- All the systems containing the consumer information (such as the email service provider) are password protected.
- The passwords are considered strong and are not easy to figure out.
- Only 1 person knows the password.
- To make our Email Service Provider database even more secure, we change the password every 6 months.
- Our computers are protected from third-party access by having an additional password layer before they can start working on the computer.
- Aside from what’s stated above, we take reasonable precautions on a daily basis to protect consumers and their information from unauthorized use, modification, destruction, and disclosure.
If you wish to exercise your rights under CCPA and make requests for disclosure, deletion or disclosure about sale of information, you can contact us directly and make such requests. You can also contact us at anytime if you’re not happy about the way we’re handling your data.
We will respond as quickly as reasonably possible. Please have in mind that we don’t have to comply with requests if you make them more than twice during a 12-month period.
Make your requests by contacting us at connect(at)simply-well-balanced.com
EFFECTIVE AS OF December 28, 2019