Motherhood can feel overwhelming-
Let’s make it easier!
**Please scroll to the bottom for contact information**
Welcome to Simply Well Balanced!
If you have ever felt stressed, frustrated or straight up worn out by the challenges of being a mom then you are in the right place.
As modern mothers we have SO many responsibilities:
- We work (whether it be in or out of the home)
- We run a household (laundry, meals and finances)
- We raise children (parenting, activities, holidays)
Basically – we DO IT ALL – but at what cost?
For many of us, we get to the point where the life we are living isn’t the life we had imagined when we started our families.
If you have ever wished that:
- You didn’t spend all your free time cleaning and doing housework
- Each day you had time to connect and engage with your children
- Life was simple, easy and at a slower pace
Then I am confident that you will benefit from the tips that I share on this site.
What will you find on Simply Well Balanced?
My passion is sharing strategies, tips and products to help you make motherhood easier and more enjoyable.
Many of the posts on this site cover:
- Tips to declutter and minimize the items in your home to reduce the burden of constant housework
- Ideas to simplify your life including meal planning, scheduling and time management tips
- Simple and fun family activities that you can do to create a strong bond and special memories with your children.
Why I want to help you:
For a long time my life was simple and well-balanced.
I had an enjoyable and fulfilling career, taught yoga and pilates in my free time, and traveled to various parts of the world for adventure and fun.
Then, within the span of a few years I got married, had two VERY difficult pregnancies, became a homeowner, fulltime working mom, and a stressed out and unhealthy version of the person I used to be.
As moms we put so much pressure on ourselves. Our culture also dishes up three big ol’ heaping spoonfuls of:
- Stress – from trying to be the “perfect mom” when everyone has a different idea about how to make that happen.
- Overwhelm – from the constant to-do list of running a household and raising children.
- Pressure – to do ALL OF THIS while staying healthy, feeling happy and looking great.
Practical Minimalism for Motherhood
In a desperate attempt to create the life I had hoped for I began focusing on SIMPLICITY and BALANCE.
I was astonished to discover that the “mom I had always hoped to be” was buried under all of the “stuff” that I thought I was supposed to have:
- Tons of toys for my kiddos
- A closet full of clothes
- A family schedule that had us running around like crazy people from one activity to the next
A Change for the Better
Instead, I found that when I focused on simplifying my life by:
- decluttering items we didn’t need or use
- cutting back on activities and unneccesary committments
- removing distraction in the form of media and relationships
I started seeing a positive impact on my health and happiness. I could focus more on having fun and being a mom instead of feeling like I always had something to clean, fold or put away.
The process has been a journey – and it continues to change as I learn and grow.
I created Simply-Well-Balanced in order to share those tips, strategies and tools with you.
As moms we have to find the easiest and most efficient way to make our health and happiness a priority. So, come on in – take a look around. I hope you find a way to make your life Simply-Well-Balanced.
Thank you for your interest in Simply-Well-Balanced.com!
Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. I’ll do my best to get back with you as quickly as I can.
I look forward to hearing from you!
You can also email me at:
Lauren.simplywellbalanced (@) gmail . com