Everyone will love these No-Bake Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies! These ghostly treats are the perfect Halloween party food. Made using Nutter Butter cookies, and melted chocolate for an easy Halloween dessert every boy and ghoul will enjoy!
Halloween is just around the corner, and if you’re anything like me, you’re already thinking about the fun and spooky treats you can make to celebrate.
I’m a huge fan of easy Halloween cookies, that don’t actually require any baking!
Whether you’re making treats for a a spooky party or a special surprise for your family, these Easy Nutter Butter Ghosts are sure to be a hit.
This recipe is simple to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. So, let’s get started!
Easy Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies
To make these adorable ghost cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 – 10 oz package white chocolate ( or White Candy Melts)
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate candy coating)
Start by melting the white chocolate wafers in a microwave-safe bowl according to the package instructions. It’s always best to melt it in 30 second intervals.
Dip the Nutter Butter cookies into the melted chocolate until about half of the cookie is covered in white chocolate. Tip the bowl if needed to make it easier to dip.
Expert Tip: You’ll see other recipes that suggesting coating the entire cookie in the white candy coating. I definitely don’t recommend this because it is very difficult to get a smooth, even coating over the entire cookie. It ends up being really messy. By just dipping half, you can keep your fingers clean. You can just hold on and let any excess drip back into to cup to make more cookies.
Place the coated cookie on parchment paper and allow to set about 10 minutes. Continue with the remaining Nutter Butter cookies.
Once the white chocolate is set and all the Nutter Butters have been dipped, melt the dark chocolate.
Once the dark chocolate is smooth – transfer to a piping bag or ziplock bag and snip off a small hole in the tip of the bag to pipe on the ghost face (two eyes and a mouth).
Place the cookies in a cool dry place for 10-30 minutes to make sure the melted chocolate has plenty of time to set.
You can then store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These cookies are not only easy to make, but they are also a hit with both kids and adults alike.
Another great thing about these Easy Nutter Butter Ghosts is that they can be made ahead of time. So, if you’re planning a party or get-together, you can make these ghosts a day or two in advance and save yourself some time on the day of the event. Just keep them in a sealed container and they’ll be ready to serve.
More Fun Halloween Recipes:
No-Bake Nutter Butter Halloween Ghost Cookies
If you want a simple Halloween treat, try these Easy Nutter Butter Ghosts. These cute ghost cookies are easy to make and can also be made ahead of time.
They’re perfect for spooky celebrations and loved by both kids and adults.
Get ready to spook your friends and family with these cute little ghost cookies.
- 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 - 10 oz package white chocolate (or candy coating)
- ½ c chocolate chips (or dark chocolate candy coating)
- Melt the white chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments and stir well between each interval. Continue to heat and stir until white chocolate is about 90% melted and stir until smooth. Do not over heat the white chocolate - it will scorch and ruin it.
- Dip the Nutter Butter cookies until about half of the cookie is covered in white chocolate. Tip the bowl if needed to make it easier to dip. Place on parchment paper and allow to set about 10 minutes. Continue with the remaining Nutter Butter cookies.
- Once the white chocolate is set and all the Nutter Butters have been dipped, melt the dark chocolate. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increment and stir well between each interval. Once the chocolate is smooth - transfer to a piping bag or ziploc and snip off a small hole in the tip of the bag.
- Pipe a ghost face on each cookie. Allow to cool and set again for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Storage: Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Can I Use a Different Type of Cookie?
Sure! These ghosts are easy to make with any type of cookie you have on hand. Long narrow cookies tend to work best, so Pepperidge Farms Milano Cookies are a great nut-free option. I know a lot of classrooms don’t allow peanut butter cookies due to peanut allergies. You could also use the rectangle Vanilla Waffer Cookies.
Can I Use White Chocolate Chips?
Yes! You can use white chocolate chips instead of the white candy melts for this recipe. Just melt them in the microwave and then dip your Nutter Butter cookies. Allow to set before adding the ghost face detail. You can also use Vanilla Almond Bark.
Do I Have to Use Dark Chocolate?
No, you can also use mini chocolate chips to create chocolate chip eyes and a mouth for each ghost. Simply press two chocolate chips into the chocolate coating for the eyes and one for the mouth. Be sure to do this while the chocolate coating is still wet, so that the chips stick. You could also use black frosting gel, but it doesn’t tend to set well and ends up making a mess.
Do I Have to Melt the Chocolate in the Microwave?
No, you can also melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the stove. To set up a double boiler fill a medium pot with about 2 inches of water and place a heatproof bowl on top. Make sure that the bowl is large enough so that it does not touch the surface of the water. Heat over medium heat until the chocolate has melted then proceed with your recipe as normal.
Get your free guide!
Feeling stuck in a dinner rut?
Check out our 100 Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas! We have everything you need to ensure your weeknight dinners are delicious – without all the stressful planning and prepping beforehand!