This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. We only include brands we use and trust.
From the second your kiddo wakes up on their birthday, they are ready to get the party started. Who wants to wait all day for a party when you could get started with breakfast? Check out these super fun and easy birthday breakfast ideas for kids to kick off the birthday celebration!
Fun and Easy Birthday Breakfast Ideas for Kids
Birthday Breakfast Pancakes
Pancakes are a breakfast staple in every household. They are also one of the easiest foods to quickly turn into a birthday-worthy breakfast.
Here are just a few simple ideas that you could use:
- Top traditional pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles
- Put pancake mix in to a Pancake Pen and use it to
- Spell their name
- Write their age “5”
- Draw a special shape like a heart or create an emoji face
- Use cake batter to make flavored pancakes like Chocolate or Funfetti
- Use fruit to make a pretty design, adorable animal or funny face.
Breakfast Banana Splits
Just because it’s a birthday breakfast doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some healthy fruits! Top it with whipped cream and some other traditional toppings to make it special. A Birthday Breakfast Banana Split is sure to plant a huge smile across your kiddos face first thing in the morning!
Source: Keeping On Point
Start with the base of one whole banana sliced down the middle or into medallions. Then pile on the yummy toppings. Here are some ideas for different flavor combinations:
- Strawberry Yogurt
- Sliced Strawberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- Top with Whipped Cream and Sprinkles
S’mores for Breakfast!
- Vanilla and/or Chocolate Pudding
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
Peanut Butter Bonanza
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Ice Cream
- Melted Peanut Butter (zap in the microwave for 20 seconds)
- Top with Whipped Cream and Trail Mix
To ramp up the fun serve any of these in a waffle-cone style bowl and then you don’t have any dishes to take care of!
Related Post: The Best Toys for Active Kids (by age)
Birthday Breakfast Fairy Toast
“Fairy Bread” is a special treat that has been traditionally served for birthday breakfasts in New Zealand and the Netherlands. The basic recipe is simple: Bread – Butter – Sprinkles!
Purists will tell you that it’s best to use regular white bread and to cut it in triangles so you can hold it by the crust. I suggest you listen to the experts. Here are some spread and sprinkle combos guaranteed to make any birthday breakfast a very special occasion:
- Butter (this Irish Butter is delicious) with Rainbow Sprinkles
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread with Pastel Sequins
- Almond or Peanut Butter with Chocolate Jimmies
- Cream Cheese Frosting with Cinnamon and Fine Sanding Sugar
- Show Stopper – Vanilla Frosting and Unicorn Candyfetti Sprinkles
Birthday Breakfast Smoothies
Breakfast smoothies are a win-win for everyone involved. Kiddos get to feel special and excited about a yummy treat for breakfast. Meanwhile, Mom gets to fist pump for the fact that it’s full of fruits and other healthy ingredients. #momwin!
Source: The Seasoned Mom
This idea is near and dear to my heart since my first job ever was at a smoothie bar. To this day I would consider myself a smoothie expert and prefer to drink my own than one purchased anywhere else.
Wanna know one of my tips? Using too much banana creates a slimy consistency. For a regular sized blender I would recommend only using half a banana. You’re welcome 😉
Really you can use any smoothie recipe and then top it with whipped cream and sprinkles. Viola! Birthday Breakfast Treat! Here is one of my favorite basic recipes:
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- ½ of a banana
- 4 cups orange juice
***I also like to add some Powdered Collagen for extra protein without the added flavor or grainy texture of regular protein powder***
Fancy Cereal Parfait
We typically try to stay away from sugary cereals for breakfasts, but a birthday calls for some special exceptions.
A Birthday Breakfast Cereal Parfait is the perfect way to pair a “treat cereal” with a healthy yogurt for another win for mom.
Super simple to make; just alternate layers of cereal along with some fruit (optional) and yogurt. Here are some combinations your kiddo would enjoy:
- Fruit Loops, strawberry yogurt and blueberries
- Cocoa Pebbles, vanilla yogurt and bananas
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch, cheesecake yogurt and strawberries.
Which of these easy birthday breakfast ideas will you try?
There you have it mama! Super Fun and Easy Birthday Breakfast Ideas for Kids. The perfect way to start off their special day!
We would love to hear from you! Do you have any birthday traditions that you do with your children? Please share them in the comments below!