This easy chai spiced oatmeal recipe is simple to make and absolutely delicious. The perfect balance of spice, sweetness and comfort all in one bowl.
Delicious Spicy Chai Latte Oatmeal
If you are a fan of chai tea or chai lattes, you are going to love this creamy and cozy chai spiced oatmeal.
The idea for the recipe came to me one morning while I was eating my oatmeal and drinking a chai tea latte.
The flavors and aromas were all mixing together and I decided to combine them all into one delicious treat….err I mean “nutritious breakfast”. 😉
The recipe is super simple and is just your regular ol’ oatmeal with just a few tasty additions:
- Dried cherries
- Tazo Classic Chai Latte Concentrate
- Milk (or milk substitute)
Since you can purchase the dried cherries and chopped pecans ahead of time, this literally just takes a few second to toss together.
It’s amazing how just a few simple ingredients can transform boring oatmeal into an indulgent and hearty breakfast.
The Chai Latte Concentrate creates a depth of flavor and provides a healthy dose of spicy sweetness. When testing this recipe I tried the TAZO brand and Oregon Chai. They were both really good, but I preferred TAZO. I felt that it wasn’t as sweet and had a more complex flavor.
The dried cherries are both tart and sweet, so you don’t even need to add any extra sugar. You can if you want to, but it really is perfect without being overly sweet.
The pecans add some extra protein and healthy fats to help make this a healthy(ish) and hearty breakfast which is perfect for those cozy fall mornings.
A Cozy Oatmeal Recipe Perfect for Fall (or anytime really)
If you are looking for the perfect fall breakfast this is the one. The flavors of clove and cinnamon just make you feel cozy and warm inside.
- 1/4 c. Dried Cherries
- 1/4 c. Chopped Pecans
- 2 Tbsp. Chai Latte Concentrate (I prefer the flavor of Tazo)
- 2 Tbsp. Milk or Milk Substitute (optional)
- 1/2 c. Quick 1 minute Oats
- 1/2 c. Water
- Add 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup of water to a microwave safe bowl and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes depending on your microwave.
- Carefully remove from microwave (will be hot).
- Add 1/4 cup of dried cherries and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Chai Latte Concentrate and 1 Tbsp Milk (optional).
- Stir and enjoy.
The cherries will plump as they absorb some of the moisture from the oatmeal and will become juicy and delicious.
The recipe can also be adjusted by adding more Chai Latte Concentrate if you like a stronger flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Easy Recipes:
- 10 Comfort Meals Made from Canned Chicken
- 30 Weeknight Freezer Meals for Busy Moms
- A Huge List of Dinner Ideas: Perfect for Busy Families