Feeling completely overwhelmed by your messy house? Learn how to quickly declutter your home using a printable checklist to keep you on track.
20 Crazy Fast Ways to Declutter your Home when you Have No Time
This may sound a little crazy, but Dave Ramsey helps me keep my house clean…
If you didn’t already know Dave Ramsey, is a personal finance guru who has helped thousands of people (including me) become debt free.
One of the reasons that I love Dave Ramsey is because he shares personal finance tips that really work.
One of the strategies that he is best known for is something called the “Debt Snowball”.
The idea is that you start your debt free journey by paying off your smallest debt first.
The reason he suggests this method is simple: It’s not about the math it’s about behavior modification.
What does that mean?
Well, when you start with the smallest debt you are going to make progress quickly.
Progress increases your motivation and makes it easier to tackle more difficult tasks.
You don’t start with the biggest debt because it would take FOREVER to see progress. In fact, you might feel so overwhelmed by the task at hand that you avoid getting started.
Sound familiar? That’s because many of us feel the same way about the clutter in our homes.
There is simply so much to deal with, that we don’t ever get started.
But what if I told you that all you need is 5 mintues to start to become clutter free?
The Snowball Method to Declutter your Home
If you feel overwhelmed by the clutter in your home, you may feel paralyzed and unable to start.
Instead of looking at your entire house as one big cleaning project, break it down into smaller mini-projects.
You will be much more motivated to declutter your home when every time you start a task; you are able to finish it.
Want to take it one step further to help guarantee your success?
Use a guide or a checklist to declutter your home, so that you have a step by step plan laid out for you.
To get you started on your “Declutter Snowball” I have created a checklist of 20 quick ways you can declutter your home in just a few minutes.
Each of these tasks allows you to make instant progress and you will finally feel like you can declutter your home and be free of the stress and overwhelm.
Want a copy of this checklist? Lucky, for you I have a free printable PDF version that you can get here!
How to Declutter Quickly; 20 Items you can Purge in 10 Minutes or Less
1) Outdated notices posted on the refrigerator
2) Expired beauty products
3) Torn undergarments and socks with holes
4) Knick Knacks that no longer fit your decorating style
5) Kitchen appliances you never use
6) Magazines and books you don’t read
7) Expired Condiments in the fridge
8) Accessories you never wear
9) Old towels and bedding
10) Tupperware that is missing it’s partner
11) Out of date food
12) Extra Travel Mugs and Water Bottles
13) Baking supplies that you have duplicates of
14) Receipts and empty gift cards in your wallet
15) Extra Throw Blankets in excess in the number of family members
16) Any clothes you haven’t worn in a year
17) Expired spices in your pantry
18) Out of date medicine
19) Loose change in your purse
20) Your children’s winter coats and boots from last year
There you have it mama! 20 crazy fast ways you can declutter your home along with a free printable checklist to keep you on track.
Ready for some more decluttering inspiration?
- How to Declutter with Kids: 10 Practical Ideas
- 6 Crazy Simple Steps to Start a Toy Rotation to be Clutter Free
- Clutter Free Home: 10 Crazy Simple Tips that will make a Huge Difference