Hey busy mama! Are you feeling overwhelmed, stressed out and having trouble keeping up with household tasks? I’ve totally been there. Most of us do not feel prepared for the onslaught of responsibilities that come with being a wife, mom, employee and household leader – ALL AT THE SAME TIME! I searched high and low for something that would help relieve some of the pressure I was feeling. My solution? SIMPLIFY. The process included decluttering, minimizing and evaluating my core values. It also led me to find the perfect printable household binder for busy moms.
Simplify your Busy Mom Life
I recently read an article on a mother’s mental workload. The article supports what many of us have been feeling for a long time.
WE DOIN’ TOO MUCH!
Throughout the centuries moms have always been busy. We gathered nuts, berries and seeds for our village. Woke up before dawn to start a fire and kept it going all day for our family’s cooking and cleaning. Raised children without hospitals, baby monitors and tablets.
That all sounds stressful, but it’s really quite simple compared to what we are expected to do today. We start with all the traditional responsibilities of being a mom and then modern life piles on so much more:
• Responding to text messages and emails around the clock.
• Keeping up with social media.
• Remembering an entire family’s worth of appointments, play dates and school activities.
• Budgeting, bill paying, saving for retirement.
Are ya feelin’ worn out just from reading that? Yep, me too! And it just reminded me of a few things I need to do later today. Ugh!
Why you Need to Simplify
We were not designed to take all of this on. In fact, our bodies will revolt under the stress and we will just end up feeling worse. Here are just a few of the ways that the pressures of busy mom life negatively impact your health:
• Frequent headaches
• Trouble falling and staying asleep
• Weight gain
Guess what? Ain’t no busy mama got time fo’ all dat!
The truth is that you need whatever tools you can find to help simplify your life and organize your household.
How a Printable Household Binder Can Help
Half the battle of getting organized is knowing where to start. Abby Lawson’s printable household binder removes all the guesswork.
She has thought of everything! Here are the sections that are included:
• Goals and Planning
• Food and Meal Planning
• Health and Fitness
• Cleaning and Organizing
• Finance and Budgeting
• Birthdays and Gift Giving
• For the Kids
• For the Pets
• Other Lists and Logs
See, I wasn’t kidding when I said she thought of everything. Overwhelmed by everything? No problem. It’s a printable household binder so you can just skip printing the sections that you don’t need or want to focus on right now.
Over 35 Printables to Organize your Life
And those categories listed above are just the section headings! Each section contains multiple pages with more detailed sheets to help you get and stay organized.
Just what the busy mom doctor ordered 😉
Tips for Successfully Simplifying
We have been consistently simplifying in our household for a few years now and I can tell you that the benefits have been amazing. Honestly, the process has been way cheaper and has much better side effects that the medication that doctors were trying to convince me were the answer.
Since I have been doing this for a while, I want to share some tips so you can set yourself up for success.
• Start with a guide – Sure, you can definitely get started on your own. If you are already talented at organizing and an expert at family management. However, I am guessing that if you are reading this you need some help. The printable household binder solves this problem by laying it all out there for you and providing a roadmap to your end goal.
• Find accountability partners – This process is easier and more fun with help from your friends. I promise if you ask around you will find out that your mom friends are feeling the same stress that you are and would love to share tips and tricks as you navigate your new way of life.
• Understand that it is a process – Simplifying, organizing and decluttering isn’t something you do once and never have to think about it again. Like I said above it’s a new way of life. Just like any other task it is something that you will have to make a priority. There will be times when you are like a machine and times that you let yourself slip. It’s all good. Just keep your eye on the end goal and you will always be able to start right back up where you left off.
Reduced stress = Increased Joy
The Simplify | Printable Household Binder will provide you with a system for taking all your household craziness and transform it into an organized and manageable life. With your new process in place you will reduce your stress and increase your happiness.
Happy Mom = Happy Home
At the end of the day what we all really want is a happy family. As a mother there is no greater joy than a peaceful, joyful and happy home. For most of us, being able to feel relaxed and joyful is directly connected to our feelings of order, organization and focus. The goal of the Simplify printable household binder is to provide the structure that you are craving – that your family is craving.
Your family is your priority and once you put the structure and system in place it will be so much easier to focus on what is really important. No more feeling distracted, unorganized and like you are constantly forgetting something. Once everything is written down in the planner your brain is free to relax and enjoy all the precious moments with your family that are passing you by.
Take a Tour
It sounds great right? If you are ready to take a more detailed look you can take a tour of the binder here. Before you go check it out please take a moment and comment below to let me know what your biggest struggle as a busy mom is. Ok, now you can go check out the binder!
There you have it mama! A great tool to help you simplify and get organized.
We would love to hear from you! Please take a moment to comment below and let us know what your biggest challenge is as a busy mom.