No-Bake Millionaire Pie is made with a graham cracker pie crust, cherries, pineapple, coconut, and nuts for a sweet treat that is creamy, cold and satisfying. This is one of my favorite dessert recipes since it is so fast and easy to make with very little prep time. If you like ambrosia salad, you will love this!
8 Minute No-Bake Millionaire Pie
Also known as the million-dollar pie recipe, this delicious pie is one of the best no-bake pie recipes you can make.
Sweet, light, and full of fruit, everyone will love this pie topped with whipped cream.
With these simple ingredients, and just a few minutes, you can have a millionaire pie ready and chilling in the fridge.
- Prepared graham cracker crust: Or you can use your own homemade graham cracker crust.
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Crushed pineapple: Well-drained.
- Maraschino cherries: Drained and cut in half. Save the juice for later.
- Finely chopped pecans
- Finely chopped almonds
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon juice
- Maraschino cherry juice
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped topping (Cool Whip): Plus extra to garnish.
- Cherries: For garnish.
How to Make Millionaire Pie
1. Mix: First, combine coconut with the nuts, cherries, vanilla, lemon juice, cherry juice, sweetened condensed milk, and pineapple in a large bowl.
2. Fill the pie crust: Then, gently fold in the whipped cream or Cool Whip and stir once before scooping it into the graham cracker crust.
Chill: Lastly, add whipped topping and cherries for garnish and chill for at least three hours. Overnight would be even better.
- Mandarin oranges: For the classic way to make this millionaire pie, add one can of drained mandarin oranges.
- Regular pie crust: You can also use a regular pastry crust instead of a graham cracker crust.
- Toasted coconut: Why not toast the coconut for an even more tropical flavor? It is simple to do. Just sprinkle the coconut onto a lined baking sheet and bake for three minutes at 325 degrees F. The difference in flavor is amazing.
- Fruit cocktail: Add a can of fruit cocktail for even more fruity flavor.
- Pineapple tidbits: You can use fruit tidbits instead of crushed pineapple if that is all you have.
- Pineapple chunks: In fact, you can also use pineapple chunks or rings. Just pulse them in the blender or food processor a few times.
- Cream cheese: Add one package of softened cream cheese to the pie filling ingredients for a super creamy millionaire pie.
- Store-bought crust: Instead of a homemade crust you can use a prepared graham cracker pie crust or pre-made crust from the store.
How to serve:
This easy no-bake dessert is fast and simple with hardly any prep time. Serve with a glass of iced tea or lemonade, and listen to the rave reviews.
Here are some other great ideas:
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top for extra cookie flavor.
- Some folks love to serve million dollar pie by topping it with chocolate chips and chocolate syrup.
- Add more chopped pecans to the top of the pie for more crunch.
- Leftovers can be combined with cream cheese and mandarin oranges to make ambrosia pie.
- Make this dessert even more decadent by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or top with extra whipped cream.
This delicious millionaire pie is one of the easiest pies to make and is sure to become a family favorite. The classic flavors and rich, creamy base make this icebox pie the perfect summer dessert idea.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 can 20oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed mil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping, plus extra for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut, drained crushed pineapple, sliced maraschino cherries, pecans, almonds, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and maraschino cherry juice.
- Give the mixture a good stir and once well combined, gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Transfer the mixture into the crust.
- Top with additional whipped topping and maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Frequently asked questions
Why do they call it Millionaire Pie?
This no bake recipe was originally found in South Carolina and it was the richness of the dessert that gave it the name. However, the original pie recipes included cream cheese but no cherries. It became one of the most popular recipes down south during the 1940s when the refrigerator became a household item.
Why do we always add lemon juice to fruit pies?
The most obvious reason is that the acid balances out the sweet fruit so it is not overly sweet. It also brings out the natural flavors of some fruits. When making apple pie, it prevents oxidation in apples and other fruits. In certain dishes, lemon juice adds freshness or a tangy taste.
What is the nutrition information for this million dollar pie recipe?
Each serving has 450 calories, 60 grams of carbs, 20 grams of fat with 5 grams of saturated fat, 12 grams of sugar, and 140 milligrams of sodium. But on the positive side, each serving gives you 7 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, 21 milligrams of calcium, and 5 milligrams of vitamin C.
How to store leftovers:
- Store: Once your pie is completely chilled, you can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Freeze: To freeze a whole pie, wrap the entire thing with plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. For individual pieces, wrap each one in plastic or put parchment or wax paper between each piece. Eat within three months.
- Thaw: Thaw the frozen pie in the fridge overnight for best results.
No-Bake Millionaire Pie Recipe tips:
- Make your pie the night before so you can let it freeze overnight.
- If all you have is frozen whipped topping and forgot to let it thaw in the fridge overnight, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds or in cold water for 30 minutes. You can have thawed whipped topping in no time at all.
- However, you should not leave your frozen whipped topping on the counter overnight.
- Make your own graham cracker crust by crushing 1 1/2 cups of graham crackers and mix the crumbs with six tablespoons of butter before pressing it into the pie pan.
- Two pies are better than one. The recipe makes one pie, but you can double it to make two and freeze one for later.
- Be sure you do not over-mix your pie filling ingredients, or it will not be as fluffy.