Wherever you’re at in your parenting journey, there’s one thing I’m sure we can all agree on: Parenting is hard.
As much as we all wish there was a manual that we could follow, the truth is that every child is different including their personality, behavior, and challenges. There’s no parent on the planet who knows exactly what to say or do in every situation.
Whether you’re having a particularly challenging day or you’ve been questioning yourself for a while, there’s always another day to try again. Today we are sharing the best inspirational parenting quotes for those moments when you’re second guessing everything you’ve done and need a little encouragement to keep doing the best you can.
Inspirational Quotes for Parents
Great parents aren’t born, they’re made through all experiences and challenges that come with raising kids.
And just when you start to feel like you’ve got this parenting gig down, inevitably your child enters a new developmental stage or suddenly you’re faced with a new behavior you’ve never seen before.
On top of that, there’s still
- work responsibilities
- financial obligations
- And your own mental health
But our children are only under our roofs for a limited amount of time so staying strong and doing our best we can as parents is our number one priority.
We know we have to keep going for them, so we do.
Our kids see us through a different lens than we see ourselves. In their eyes, we are heroes.
It doesn’t always feel so easy to live up to that role, but for them, we try.
And when we fail, we try again.
If you’re feeling tired, and need a little pick me up, check out our beautifully curated collection of inspirational parenting quotes.
They’re just what you need to keep going, even on your worst day.
Pick one, or a few, and write them on your bathroom mirror or make them the screensaver on your phone.
Remember that no matter how hard you are on yourself, I can pretty much guarantee you that your kids think you’re the best parent in the whole wide world.
The 50 Most Inspiring Quotes For Parents
1. “There is no need to be perfect to inspire others…Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.” — Robert Tew
2. “The greatest happiness is family happiness.” — The Joyce Brothers
3. “I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.” — Whitney Houston
4. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein
5. “There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.” — Sue Atkins
6. “What it’s like to be a parent: it’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do, but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” — Nicholas Sparks
7. “Don’t try to be perfect. Life isn’t; no one is. Use mistakes and mishaps as opportunities to grow tolerance and to teach. There is such a thing as happy accidents. And love, love love. And listen, listen, listen.” — Teri Hatcher
8. “Making the decision to have a child — it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ― Elizabeth Stone
9. “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.” — Ann Landers
10. “The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day.” — O.A. Battista
11. “The sign of great parenting is not the child’s behavior. The sign of truly great parenting is the parent’s behavior.” — Andy Smithson
12. “To be in your child’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.” — Barbara Johnson
13. “Children learn more from what you are than what you teach.” — W.E.B. DuBois
14. “Parents need to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can’t poke enough holes to make it dry.” — Alvin Price
15. “Behind every child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” — Matthew Jacobsen
16. “If you have never been hated by your child, you have never been a parent.” — Bette Davis
17. “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” — Peggy O’Mara
18. “Too many parents make life hard for their children by trying, too zealously, to make it easy for them.” — Goethe
19. “Children are our second chance to have a great parent-child relationship.” — Laura Schlesinger
20. “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” — Charles R. Swindoll
21. “Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience. You are raising a human being.” — Kittie Franz
22. “It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.” — L.R. Knost
23. “Encourage and support your kids because kids are apt to live up to what you believe of them.” — Lady Bird Johnson
24. “As your kids grow, they may forget what you said, but won’t forget how you made them feel.” — Kevin Heath
25. “If your baby is beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule, and burps on demand — you’re the grandma.” — Theresa Bloomingdale
26. “Your children need your presence more than they need your presents.” — Jesse Jackson
27. “When you put faith, hope, and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world.” —Zig Ziglar
28. “When in doubt, choose the kids. There will be plenty of time later to choose work.” — Anna Quindlen
29. “Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do.” — Matt Walsh
30. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” — Milton Berle
31. “Kids spell love T-I-M-E.” — John Crudele
32. “Successful mothers are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.” — Sharon Jaynes
33. “There are places in the heart you don’t even know exist until you love a child.” — Anne Lamott
34. “Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but a spirit of reverence.” — Plato
35. “With love and patience, nothing is impossible.” — Daisaku Ikeda
36. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.” — Robert Fulghum
37. “Babies are a lot more trouble than you thought — and more wonderful.” — Charles Osgood
38. “What is best for the child is not always most convenient for the parent.” — Bonnie Bedford
39. “Our children can be our greatest teachers if we are humble enough to receive their lessons.” — Bryan McGill
40. “And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
41. “No matter the problem, kindness is always the right response.” — L.R. Knost
42. “Children are the hands by which we take hold of heaven.” — Henry Ward Beecher
43. “There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.” — Walt Streightiff
44. “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” — Frederick Douglass
45. “Through the eyes of your child, you are invincible.” — Nadia Tayob
46. “The point of parenting is not to have all the answers before we start out but instead to figure it out on the go as our children grow. Because as they do, so will we.” — Bridgett Miller
47. “What’s a good investment? Go home from work early and spend the afternoon throwing a ball around with your son.” — Ben Stein
48. “My parents taught me I could be anything in the world I wanted to be.” — Joan Jett
49. “Now is the time to make tomorrow’s greatest memories.” — Josh Misner
50. “Children must never work for our love, they must rest in it.” — Gordon Neufield
More Parenting Quotes You’ll Love:
Raising little humans is not a task for the weak. As parents, we all face situations where we love, struggle and cry harder than we ever thought was possible. We hope that you find solace knowing there’s no such thing as a perfect parent and that your best is enough, even when it doesn’t feel like it.