For many of us, home is our favorite place to be. It’s warm and cozy and oftentimes smells like something delicious. When you’re at home, you can relax, enjoy yourself and connect with your family! If this sounds like your idea of heaven then these happy home quotes will bring a smile to your face and comfort to your heart.
“Home is a refuge from the world, a place where we can be ourselves.” – unknown
We’ve all been in those situations where we’re away from home and it just doesn’t feel right and you can get comfortable no matter how hard you try.
There is just something in our hearts and minds that changes when we are home.
For many of us, home is a place full of comfort and acceptance, which you can feel when you walk through the door.
It’s the place we connect with our spouse, bond with our children, and plan our futures.
When you’re home, it’s okay to let your guard down and just be yourself.
Whether you live in an apartment with your best friend or a huge house with a family full of kids, home is a place where you can truly be yourself!
Today we are sharing our favorite quotes that capture the feelings and emotions experienced in a happy home.
Happy Home Quotes to Remind You of What’s Really Important
Home isn’t just a place – it’s an idea. And a happy home is the place where we can relax, enjoy ourselves and connect with our family.
Over the years poets, authors and celebrities have shared wise words and quotes about what makes a home a happy home and today we are sharing our favorites:
- “A happy home is filled with love and laughter.”
2. “When there is love in the home, there is joy in the heart.”
3. “Love builds a happy home.”
4. “Home should be an anchor, a port in a storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love.” — Elder Marvin J. Ashton
5. “It’s not how big the house is, it’s how happy the home is.”
6. “Home sweet home. This is the place to find happiness. If one doesn’t find it here, one doesn’t find it anywhere.” M. K. Soni
7. “Home is where the happiest memories are made.”
8. “Our house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.”
9. “Home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.” -Cecilia Ahern
10.”A House + Love = Home”
11. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest of things makes home happy and life lovely.” -Louisa May Alcott
12. “There is no shame in feeling homesick. It means you come from a happy home.”
13. “A house is made with walls and beams. A home is made with love and dreams.”
14. “The secret of a happy home is that the members of the family learn how to give and receive love.” -Billy Graham
15. “A happy home starts with a happy mom.” – Lauren Tingley
16. “Every happy home has a foundation of love and a framework of support.” -Wes Fesler
17. “There’s no place like home”. – Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz
18. “Home is where you feel loved, appreciated and safe.” -Tracey Taylor
19. “Every child deserves a happy home.”
20. “A happy home is the starting place for love, hopes and dreams.”
21. “Where love finds love. It is the best place to be. It is home.”
22. “A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other may be right, though neither believes it.” -Donald Fraser
23. “When I am home I am happy.”
24. “Recipe for a happy home: A pinch of patience, a dash of kindness, a spoonful of laughter and a heap of love.”
25. “It doesn’t matter much what kind of house you’ve got, as long as it’s a happy home.” -Steve Forbert
26. “Whoever makes home seem to the young dearer and more happy is a public benefactor.” -Henry Ward Bercher
27. “A comfortable house is a great source of happiness. It ranks immediately after health and a good conscience.” – Sydney Smith
28. “Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends and family belong and laughter never ends.” – Unknown
29. “Home is the nicest word there is.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
30. “If you are happy in your home, you will be happy in your life.” – unknown
31. “Better to have a messy home and happy children than a perfect yard and unhappy children.” -Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
32. “Home is a refuge from the world, a place where we can be ourselves.” – unknown
33. “Anywhere is better, as long as there’s a bed for me.” – unknown
34. “Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.” – Robert Frost
35. “I like to think that home is not a place but rather an irreplaceable moment.” – Maya Angelou
“A house is made of walls and beams; A home is built with love and dreams.” – unknown
“Home can be anywhere you are together. Home isn’t necessarily a place, it’s the feeling of being protected and safe.” – unknown
“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.” – John Ed Pearce
“When you walk through the front door of your home with that feeling that everything’s okay – then you know you’re home. That’s what I want for my kids every day when they come home.” – Michelle Obama
“Home isn’t where I live. It’s who I am.” –unknown
“A house is made of bricks and beams; A home is built with love and dreams.” – unknown
“Your home should be a place in which not only do your own dreams dwell but also those of others.” – Don Herold
“A house may be large or small; as long as the residents are happy, that’s all that matters.” – unknown
“Home isn’t where you live, but where they understand you.” –unknown
“Happiness is having a family to come home to.”- Jimmy Dean
“A house without love doesn’t feel like a home .” – unknown
“Home is where our story begins.” – unknown
“The most powerful feeling in the world is to love and to be loved in return. Home isn’t just about walls and roof. It ‘s about being with those who make you feel safe and warm.” – unknown
“A house may be large or small; as long as it shelters a family that truly loves one another .” – unknown
“Home is where we feel safe, warm and happy.” -unknown
“The best place to spend time with family and friends, relax and feel at peace – that’s home. Home means feeling safe and happy .”-unknown
Final Happy Home Thoughts
Whether you’re at home or away, there is something special about the space in which you live.
The quotes in this post remind us of the importance of our homes and how they can make us feel.
Whether it’s a house with many rooms or an apartment for two roommates; these happy home quotes will help you remember that no matter where we are, what matters most is who surrounds us when we get home after a long day.
If you need some more ideas on how to create a happy home , check out one of these popular articles: