I tried my first at home Tabata Workout about 3 years ago when my son was still a baby. I wasn’t quite ready to go back to the gym, but I needed something to get me moving again. What I was looking for were at-home tabata workouts for burning fat. If you need a workout that meets the following requirements, a Tabata Workout is the perfect solution!
Tabata can be done at home
Tabata doesn’t require anything except for room to move. Some of the workouts we have listed use weights/kettlebells because we want to be building muscle and burning fat.
As I mentioned, my son was still a baby and I wasn’t quite ready to introduce him to the world of germs available at a gym daycare. He is older now, has a great immune system and he goes to the gym daycare almost every day. I also didn’t want to deal with loading/unloading him and his sister into the car for a short workout. Which leads me to my number 2 requirement
It can be done in 30 minutes or less
Tabata workouts consist of doing a particular exercise AS HARD AS YOU CAN for 20 seconds and then resting for 10. You can decide which exercises you do, and how many rounds you complete allowing YOU to control the muscle groups you focus on and the length of your workout. I usually choose 4-5 different exercises so that the entire workout takes 20-30 minutes.
Top 10 Tips to Sleep Better Tonight
Enter your email below to recieve our free guide to start sleeping better.
You want the most BANG (aka – fat loss) for your Buck (aka – time)
Tabata is a form of HIIT. If you want to burn fat and build muscle in the shortest amount of time, then Tabata is a great workout for you.
Here are five AMAZING at-home Tabata Workouts for burning fat:
- Repeat this workout 4-5 times and you have gotten your 20-30 minute fat burning workout done! A 4-Minute Tabata Workout for People Who Have No Time from Health.com
- This 20-Minute Tabata Workout Beats an Hour on the Treadmill from Women’s Health Magazine requires no equipment, and does a great job of breaking down how to do each exercise with thorough descriptions and pictures.
- If you need a video to follow instead of just looking at pictures check out this 30 Minute Cardio Tabata Workout to Burn Calories and Blast Fat! By BodyFit with Amy. I really enjoy the variety of exercises included with this workout.
- Here is a great Beginner Tabata Workout video from @nicoleperr. Nicole is a fantastic instructor and does a great job of demonstrating each exercise.
- I love this Tabata Workout to Tone Everything in 10 Minutes video by POPSUGAR Fitness. We all have days when we can’t get in a solid 30 minute workout. Instead, I will often do this workout at three different times during the day – whenever I can squeeze them in – and BAM your 30 minutes for the day are done!
Another side-bonus that I have discovered from Tabata is that I don’t get bored . The exercises are constantly changing and you take frequent breaks. You aren’t doing the same thing over-and-over for 30 minutes. It makes the time FLY by! Comment below and let us know which of these you enjoy the most.